Fox investigating sexual harassment claim against O’Reilly
NEW YORK – Amid allegations of sexual harassment by Fox News Channel’s Bill O’Reilly, the network’s parent company 21st Century Fox has launched an investigation.
The probe comes in response to a complaint lodged last week by Wendy Walsh, a former regular guest on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor.”
“21st Century Fox investigates all complaints,” the company said in a statement.
As part of the investigation, Walsh and her lawyer, Lisa Bloom, had a two-hour telephone interview with four Fox News lawyers Monday afternoon, Bloom said.
Last week, The New York Times reported that five women had been paid $13 million to settle allegations of sexual harassment or other inappropriate conduct by O’Reilly. He has denied all the allegations. Since the allegations surfaced, dozens of advertisers have pulled their spots from O’Reilly’s show.