Pop culture fans to attend Puerto Rico Comic Con in droves
SAN JUAN – More than 35,000 people are expected to attend the Puerto Rico Comic Con in San Juan this weekend. Pop culture enthusiasts will be able to engage with industry professionals, actors, comic book artists, content creators and others on May 18 to 20 at the Puerto Rico Convention Center.
The event, now in its 16th year, will especially benefit the local hospitality sector with convention-goer stays after a leisure tourism in the wake of hurricanes Irma and Maria, which pummeled the island last year.
“Puerto Rico is moving on and forging a new future, and Puerto Rico Comic Con’s value proposition is an important part of that process, bringing a sense of normalcy to everyday life through quality entertainment, as well as strengthening our commitment to local independent artists and content creators, from whom the event is an important platform to showcase their work. Our guests are ready, our partners are ready, our fans are ready. It’s showtime!’” Ricardo Carrión, executive producer of Puerto Rico Comic Con, said in a press release Thursday.
Guests from different areas of entertainment will be signing autographs, taking photos with fans, and participating in Q&A panels. The release lists the following:
- John Barrowman – Actor in the TV series Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Torchwood, Dr. Who
- Casey Cott – Actor in the TV series Riverdale
- Juliana Harkavy – Actor in the TV series Arrow, The Walking Dead, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash
- Jim Starlin – Comic book creator and collaborator in titles such as Thanos, Batman, The Amazing Spider-Man and others.
- Gail Simone – Comic book creator and collaborator in titles such as Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Domino, and others.
- David Yost – Actor and the original Blue Ranger from The Power Rangers
- Anjali Bhimani – Voice actor in the videogame Overwatch
- Carolina Ravassa – Voice actor in the videogame Overwatch
- Edgardo Miranda – Puerto Rican comic book creator, including La Borinqueña
“This year’s guest lineup is the result of our commitment to giving fans a world-class entertainment experience year after year, as well as the celebrities they want to meet. We are very proud to have them on board,” Carrión added.
For more information, follow @PRComicCon on social media or visit www.prcomiccon.com.