Condado Vanderbilt Ranked 4th in USA Today’s 10Best Historic Hotels
SAN JUAN – The Condado Vanderbilt was ranked the fourth best historical hotel in USA Today’s 10Best Reader’s Choice Awards this year, making it the only Puerto Rico lodging on the list, José M. Suárez, president of International Hospitality Enterprises announced.
“We are honored by this recognition, which is testament to our daily efforts to provide excellent service to our guests and visitors, showing that in Puerto Rico we have a first-class tourism industry,” Vanderbilt General Manager Efrain Risa said.
Since its inception in 1919, the Condado Vanderbilt has attracted famous guests such as Charles Lindbergh, Carlos Gardel, Errol Flynn, Bob Hope, Arthur Rubinstein, President Franklin D. Roosevelt and his wife, Eleanor.
Over the years, the resort has had several renovations and name changes, and in the late 1990s, the hotel closed its doors.
The first phase of the Condado Vanderbilt was inaugurated Oct. 16, 2012 and completed Dec. 17, 2015. The resort is owned by International Hospitality Enterprises and is part of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Group.
The top 10 winners:
- Mission Inn Hotel & Spa – Riverside, Calif.
- The Peabody Memphis – Memphis
- Grand Hotel – Mackinac Island, Mich.
- Condado Vanderbilt Hotel – San Juan, P.R.
- The Hermitage Hotel – Nashville
- French Lick Resort – French Lick, Ind.
- The American Club – Kohler, Wis.
- The Broadmoor – Colorado Springs
- Loews Don CeSar Hotel – St. Pete Beach, Fla.
- Wentworth Mansion – Charleston, S.C.