Crypto Investors, Startups to Meet in Puerto Rico for CoinAgenda Feb. 26-27
SAN JUAN — CoinAgenda, the conference series that has been connecting blockchain and cryptocurrency investors with startups since 2014, is holding its fourth annual CoinAgenda Caribbean event Wednesday and Thursday at the Piloto 151 coworking facility in Old San Juan.
CoinAgenda Caribbean 2020 will discuss legal, regulatory and jurisdictional issues involved with starting and investing in blockchain companies, with a special focus on Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
“In between the day’s content and in partnership with BitAngels, up to 20 companies (a mix of angel and venture capital investments as well as tokens trading on exchanges) will pitch in a Demo Day environment,” reads the announcing release.
The conference’s speakers include:
- Brock Pierce, Co-Founder of EOS Alliance, Blockchain Capital, Tether, and Mastercoin
- Shawn Owen, Founder of SALT Lending and EQUA Start
- Irina Linchfield, Founder of BlockchainCubed
- Jacob Farber, Partner at Ouroboros LLP
- Melissa Jun Rowley, Award-Winning Speaker, Writer and Presenter
- Cyril Meduña, President and Managing Director at Advent-Morro Equity Partners
- Giovanni Mendez, Blockchain Tax Attorney, Global Economic Optimization
- Brian Bourgerie, Founder at InvestingBlock
- Sean Walsh, CEO at HyperBlock
Blockchain companies seeking equity investment “or with tokens trading on exchanges are invited to apply to pitch here,” the organizers said, explaining that those selected receive a complimentary ticket to CoinAgenda.
Past pitch competition winners include Aeternity, Bancor, Omega One, SALT Lending, and Qtum, “which each went on to raise millions in investment.”
CoinAgenda Caribbean conference sessions will focus on connecting investors, traders, family offices, funds, and entrepreneurs to explore topics including:
- Blockchain investment as the bitcoin halving approaches
- Blockchain economic development in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico as a global crypto-friendly banking center
- The brave new world of decentralized finance (aka “DeFi”)
- Legal and regulatory issues for blockchain companies and investors.
“With bitcoin prices up more than 40 percent in the first six weeks of 2020, investors are beginning to position themselves for the next bull market, which has historically run up right after the bitcoin halving event that happens every four years – and will occur this year in May,” said Michael Terpin, founder and CEO of CoinAgenda. “Unlike four years ago, the blockchain economy includes so much more than just bitcoin, and this conference lets attendees meet global experts and entrepreneurs in an intimate environment where they can both learn and network one-on-one with world-class industry leaders.”
For more information about CoinAgenda, visit www.coinagenda.com.