Global Market Square
Third is a charm, AstraZeneca’s vaccines are approved making it the third COVID-19 vaccine, Wall Street Closes with gains
Presented by Birling Capital
Stocks rose slightly after the British regulator’s emergency use approval of the AstraZeneca/Oxford University vaccine. As a result, AstraZeneca shares increased by almost 1%. Wall Street also considered the prospects of additional coronavirus relief as government leaders continue to disagree over the direct stimulus payments to individuals. It is expected that the fiscal stimulus will continue to play a central role in the markets during the first few months of 2021. A more than 2% increase in Disney shares led to a rise in the Dow. The S&P 500 increase was due to the rise in energy and materials stocks.
Wall Street summary for December 30, 2020,
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 30,409.56, up 73.89 points, or 0.24%.
- The Standard & Poor’s 500 closed at 3,732.04, up 5.00 points or 0.13%.
- The Nasdaq Composite Index closed at 12,870.00, up 19.78 points, or 0.15%.
- The Birling Capital Puerto Rico Stock Index closed at 2,023.14, down 32.43 points, or -1.57%.
- The U.S. Treasury 10-year note closed at 0.93%
- The U.S. Treasury 2-year note closed at 0.12%