Health Dept. reports 124 COVID-19 deaths, 2,805 cases
SAN JUAN – The secretary of the Department of Health, Lorenzo González Feliciano, said Tuesday there were no deaths reported from COVID-19 in the last 24 hours; meanwhile, 95 unique positive cases were recorded between serological and molecular tests.
“The Surveillance System, at the time of issuing the report, did not register deaths; thus the total number of deaths, considered confirmed, remain at 60,” González Feliciano said in a statement.
The official said the Demographic Registry did not report probable deaths, certified by clinical criteria and documented by a medical professional in death certificates, as suggested by the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Without additional fatalities, deaths in the Demographic Record remain at 64. The total of reported deaths is 124.
On the other hand, the secretary said the results reported through molecular tests rose to 1,207, after adding 12 cases. The results of serological tests increased to 1,598, after registering 83 new unique cases. With these additional reported results, the total number of unique positive cases is 2,805.
Of this total of unique positive cases, 1,395 correspond to women and 1,410 to men.
Summary of the Department of Health report:
- Unique positive cases added from molecular testing: 12
- Total number of unique cases positive from molecular tests: 1,207
- Unique positive cases added from serological tests: 83
- Total unique positive cases from serological tests: 1,598
- Total positive cases: 2,805
- Deaths added by the Demographic Registry: 0
- Total deaths added by Demographic Registry: 64
- Deaths added through the Surveillance System: 0
- Total deaths added by the Surveillance System: 60
- Total reported deaths: 124
Compliance with the precautionary and protective measures to prevent the spread of the virus on the island is stressed. This includes, but is not limited to, social distancing, compulsory use of face masks, and frequent handwashing or use of a hand sanitizer.
- COVID-19 Deaths Rise To 124
Island now has 2,710 cases of the disease
- Posted May 18, 2020
- Number Of Deaths From COVID-19 Stands At 122
At least 2,542 cases to date
- Posted May 15, 2020
- Number Of COVID-19 Deaths In Puerto Rico Rises To 115
Island has at least 2,329 cases
- Posted May 13, 2020