Market Roundup for Nov. 10
The U.S. and global stock markets ended the trading session with mixed results, as investors continue to rebalance their portfolios in light of the discovery of a COVID-19 vaccine. Investors are setting their sights on those most impacted by the pandemic and shying away from the technology sector.
Stock markets across the world, including Europe and Asia, were dramatically higher today, driven by the Pfizer vaccine’s news. On the electoral cycle front, President Trump continues his resistance to admit a defeat and allocate resources that would allow the seamless transition of power between the Trump presidency and President-elect Biden.
As Trump seems to favor a “scorched earth” stance, this issue will become an eyesore for the U.S.
The stocks that moved the most include:
- Five Prime Therapeutics Inc (FPRX) closed at $13.88, up 8.39 or 152.82%.
- Greenland Technologies Holding Corp (GTEC) closed at $4.88, up 2.54, or 108.55%.
- Summit Wireless Technologies Inc. (WISA) closed at $3.39, up 1.26, or 59.15%.
- Revlon Inc. (R.E.V.) closed at $8.67, up 2.70, or 45.23%.
Wall Street Summary for November 10, 2020,
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 29,420.92, up 292.95 points, or 0.90%.
- The Standard & Poor’s 500 closed at 3,545.53, up 4.97 points, or 0.19%.
- The Nasdaq Composite Index closed at 11,553.86, down 159.93 points, or 1.37%.
- The Birling Puerto Rico Stock Index closed at 1,908.94, up 135.62 points, or 7.65%.
- The U.S. Treasury 10-year note closed at 0.98%
- The U.S. Treasury 2-year note closed at 0.19%