Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Parents Won’t Sue Disney over Son’s Death By Gator

By on July 21, 2016

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The parents of a toddler killed by an alligator at Walt Disney World say they don’t plan to sue the theme park resort over the death.

ORLANDO, FL - JUNE 15:  The beach area  of the Walt Disney World's Grand Floridian resort hotel is seen where a 2-year-old boy was taken by an alligator as he waded in the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon on June 15, 2016 in Orlando, Florida. The child was taken last night at about 9 pm and the search and rescue effort has become a recovery effort.  (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

The beach area of the Walt Disney World’s Grand Floridian resort hotel is seen where a 2-year-old boy was taken by an alligator as he waded in the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon on June 15, 2016 in Orlando, Florida. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

Matt and Melissa Graves of Omaha, Nebraska, said in a statement Wednesday they want to focus on their family’s future health.

A family spokeswoman, Sara Brady, says she couldn’t say whether a financial settlement had been reached with Disney World.

Disney World president George Kalogridis said in a statement the company continues to provide support for the family. He did not elaborate.

Authorities say an alligator pulled Lane Graves into the water June 14. His father, Matt Graves, says a second alligator attacked him as he tried to save his son.

Lane’s body was recovered the next day. An autopsy showed he died from drowning and traumatic injuries.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login