SBA begins accepting nominations for Small Business Week awards
SAN JUAN –The U.S. Small Business Administration is now accepting nominations for its 2019 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year.
National Small Business Week recognizes small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to the U.S. economy.
“This is a great opportunity to recognize those small businesses that have contributed significantly to their local communities, developed creative products or made advances with innovative technologies,” SBA Administrator Linda McMahon said in a release Thursday. “A National Small Business Week award is one of the nation’s highest honors for small business achievement. I encourage you to visit our dedicated website www.sba.gov/nsbw to download forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination. I look forward to your nomination and wish you the best of luck.”
“Every year the SBA sets aside one week to recognize the extraordinary contributions small business owners and entrepreneurs make to our economy,” SBA District Director Yvette T. Collazo added. “As we continue with this tradition in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, I encourage the public to nominate local small business owners for the 2019 National Small Business Week Awards, and to honor their dedicated efforts, perseverance and commitment to their communities.”
Nomination packages must be hand-delivered or mailed to the nearest SBA Office. Email submissions of SBA Awards forms are not be accepted “as they contain personally identifiable information (PII),” the SBA said.
For more information, contact SBA Public Affairs Officer Angelique Adjutant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations must be submitted no later than 3 p.m. EST, Jan. 9, 2019.
The SBA awards to be given on May 5-11, 2019, include the following:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- One from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award